Notifiable illness (MADO)
What’s a Notifiable Illness (MADO)
MADOs are poisonings, infections or sicknesses identified by a doctor or confirmed by a laboratory that have to be reported to public well being authorities. They signify a menace to public well being and require a vigilance of public well being authorities or the conducting an epidemiological investigation.
In accordance with the Public Well being Act and the Ministerial Implementing Rules (RMA) of the Public Well being Act, these sicknesses have to be reported to the general public well being director of the place of residence of the individual involved by the declaration.
Objective of MADO
The declaration of MADO to public well being authorities exists with a purpose to train a well being watch to guard the well being of the inhabitants when it’s threatened and to permit intervention with a purpose to management the menace. It additionally makes it doable to watch the state of well being of the inhabitants, which makes it doable to orient the planning of the provide of companies, notably by way of prevention.
Who should declare a MADO?
In accordance with the instances supplied for within the Ministerial Implementing Rules (RMA) of the Public Well being Act, the next individuals are required to make a declaration:
- Any doctor who diagnoses a poisoning, an infection or illness on the checklist or who observes the presence of medical indicators attribute of one among these poisonings, infections or illnesses, in a residing or deceased individual;
- Any director of a laboratory or of a medical biology division, non-public or public, when a laboratory evaluation carried out within the laboratory or the division that he directs demonstrates the presence of one of many intoxications, infections or illnesses of this checklist.
Declare a MADO
Sicknesses that have to be declared have to be declared to the general public well being director of the place of residence of the individual involved by the declaration. Listing of public well being administrators
Contact data for public well being administrators
Contact strategies for making a confidential report back to the general public well being director of the Mauricie-Centre-du-Québec area.
- Fax machine : 1 866 377-6236
- Phone (throughout enterprise hours)
- Exterior enterprise hours
- Regional affiliated college hospital heart (CHAUR): 819 697-3333 extension 0
For extra data, contact the sources of the general public well being division throughout enterprise hours at 819 693-3938.
Seek the advice of the web site of the Ministry and Social Companies.
#Notifiable #illness #MADO