What are the means of prevention to fight against cancer?
In France, more than 1,000 new cases of cancer are recorded every day. According to the National Cancer Institute, 40% of cancers are linked to our lifestyle and our environment and could therefore be avoided.
Changing behaviors and lifestyle could be an effective way to fight cancer. Moreover, the health authorities and the State have implemented collective prevention measures. National screening programs target populations at risk, particularly for breast cancer, colorectal cancer, cervical cancer and prostate cancer. In the years to come, further efforts will be made in this direction. In addition, other preventive actions can be effective at an individual level. This necessarily involves dietary changes and physical activity. Indeed, a healthier lifestyle could help prevent certain cancers.
What are the preventable risk factors for cancer?
Some risk factors cannot be avoided, including age, genetic, heredity. However, others are said to be preventable. To adopt the right gestures, it is therefore necessary to know how to identify them. These factors designate behaviors that can be changed to improve one’s state of health. Smoking is one. Quitting smoking is an effective way to fight ENT, lung, bladder cancer, etc. Alcohol consumption is another. Respecting public health recommendations helps to limit the risk of cancer. Other factors have been identified; especially, unbalanced diet, overweight, obesity, lack of physical activity. Finally, the living environment is also one of the risk factors. Exposure to pollution increases the risk of cancer.
What are the other means of prevention to fight against cancer?
There are ways to prevent cancer. The first thing to do is to participate in national screening programs. Anyone concerned receives a letter inviting them to do so. Also, you have to know how to listen to your body. An unexplained loss of weight, the appearance of a small ball which grows gradually, an abnormally large lymph node, a change in the voice, transit disorders are excellent reasons for consultation. In addition, it is necessary to limit exposure to the sun between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. and apply sunscreen every 2 hours. Finally, it is necessary adopt a healthy lifestyleeither NO SMOKING, drink sensiblyto have regular physical activity and healthy eating.
What Foods Should You Avoid To Avoid Cancer?
Diet plays a crucial role in health. Our plates must therefore be healthy if we want to avoid certain diseases such as cancer. And, to prevent cancer, there are foods that you should not eat or eat in moderation. To this end, here are 10 foods not to eat to avoid cancer.
- fried foods like fries, banana, nems, churros
- Crisps and overcooked foods generate the appearance of acrylamide, a substance responsible for cancerous cells.
- Foods made fromGMO or genetically modified food. These foods contain additives and pesticides.
- white cereals do not bring enough nutrients to the body and therefore promote cancer.
- Consumption of meat and other meat products (Ham, sausage, canned meat).
- Consumption of food too rich in saturated fatty acids increases metastasis.
- Flame-grilled products at very high temperatures ambient to more than 250 to 400°C are similar to the effects of cigarette smoking. Added to this, theuse of aromatic hydrocarbons polycyclic to further activate the fire. When these products land on meat, they develop cancerous cells in the body.
- The alcohol which is besides the second leading cause of cancer death in France.
- Drinks and foods that are too hot.
- sugary foods are responsible for the formation of cancer cells.
You may also be interested :
⋙ Certain respiratory diseases detected thanks to… Wi-Fi!
⋙ Metastatic cancer: sport can reduce the risk of spread, according to this study
⋙ Skin cancer: an mRNA vaccine candidate gives first encouraging results
⋙ Prostate cancer: MRI before biopsy offers better screening, according to these researchers
⋙ A more plant-based diet in men can prevent colorectal cancer
⋙ Disfigured after cancer of the nasal cavities: a Frenchwoman finds her nose thanks to a 3D printer
#means #prevention #fight #cancer